Thursday, December 24, 2009

A very merry Christmas to all!!

'Tis the season during which I normally "excuse" my gluttony as normal. It is after all "the HOLIDAYS". Even on the occasions where I was "seriously" dieting, I would suspend said diet in "honor" of any special day. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think it's fine to have special treats for special occasions. If you're looking forward to a Christmas eve eggnog, by all means have one! It's not a sin to have a food treat. The problem comes in where "treat" turns into "binge".
As anyone who knows me can attest, I am definately a compulsive personality. I am also a bit of a perfectionist. If I'm going to do something ... I'm going to be the best damn-it. OK .... The piont here being.... I am having a mighty struggle with practicing "moderation". My brain "gets" it ... my "psyche".. not so much. Anywhoo I'm going to have a little eggnog... but I won't be using it to wash down... 12 butter cookies, 11 chewy date squares, 10 chocolate truffles, 9...... oh well, you get the idea.

Change of subject... sort of. I had my check up with my (bariatric) surgeon this week. My labs were all perfect...YAY! I am just 8 lbs from my personal goal of 148lbs. I would like to get there by my one year surgiversary feb 2nd. We'll see.

Enjoy the Holidays everyone!
me

No comments:

Post a Comment