Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Par-tay...

Went to my christmas party at the Center for Weight Management and Bariatric Surgery "CWM" (AKA my support group). I got dressed up and put on a face and everything. I even wore a dress. I thought I looked kinda cute (for an old lady).
There were maybe 60-70 people there. Mostly post ops in various stages of their journey. There were also some long term post ops (2-6yrs) who don't usually come to the regular meetings. It was good to see people a few years out who are still working their tool and happy with their decision. This is not a "quick fix" people! You still have to WORK at it for the rest of your life.
I must admit to a few "swell my noggin" moments. Got a bunch of comments on how good I looked ;-) even a couple people wanted to know about my plastic surgery :-o (lol). I haven't had any. Just got lucky in the excess skin department(have some but not TOO bad).We just won't talk about the "chesticles" :-/.
It was pretty shocking to me how many people brought foods/snacks which were not only NOT bariatric friendly, but downright unhealthy for anyone. I made sugar free-fat free cheesecake bites. I even wrote out the recipe and the nut. stats. they came out to just 20 calories each... and yummy! I brought the extras to Chai's house since she's hosting a work party tonight(I always make too much).
OK enough typing for me!
Have a great day all.....

1 comment:

  1. Makes you really see that scary trend of gaining it back is very real! The fact that people can think it's OK to have those foods, and share them with others who struggle.. it's scary!

    I think you looked gorgeous, as always!

    ReplyDelete