Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Still in one piece

Came home from the hospital yesterday. Feeling OK. I am taking some pain meds so I spend a fair amount of time sleeping. Sore throat, headache and killer muscle spasms in my upper back and shoulders. But overall I'm not feeling too bad. Hubby is taking very good care of me.
I guess I should explain what I had done, for anyone who doesn't know me. I have severe degenerative joint disease.... Which basically means my joints fall apart and get overgrown with bone spurs. In the past few years I've had a bunch of stuff repaired, removed and rebuilt. Knees, foot, shoulder and two lumbar fusions (with rods and screws) Then Monday I had yet another spinal fusion... this one was at C-4,5,6,7 where they went in and removed the bone spurs and the discs... replaced the disc spaces with bone grafts and then screwed a titanium plate over the whole thing to keep it stable while the bone grafts heal and grow into place.
When I've recovered a little more I'll start explaining my weight-loss journey which is the real purpose of this blog... Just got a bit side-tracked.....

time for some more meds..... ummm naptime... later... me

3 comments:

  1. Man, I liked it better when I didn't know what there were doing all up in yo neck business! :-)

    So glad you're home already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home mommy!!! I wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete